Friday, August 2, 2013

Finishing

Anybody can start something, but only few finish. I've struggled with finishing.

1st Corinthians 9:24-27 Paul states, "Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win. All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might not be disqualified."

So many people start out so strong in their walk God, than eventually fade away just as quick. Life is a marathon not a sprint. We need to train ourselves spiritually in order to finish the race. That race is our walk with God.

So often we chase after prizes and cheap thrills. We chase after things that only provide temporary happiness. We chase after the resources, not the source. It's hard to finish a race without water. God provides a water that makes us never thirst again.

Are you guilty of taking steps without purpose? I am. Paul tells us in 1st Corinthians to run with purpose in every step. Not just one step, but every step. Taking steps in our faith without purpose are wasted steps.

Ephesians 5:16 states, "Make the most out of every opportunity because the days are evil." Our time is limited. We need to make the most of it.

God promises to join us on our journey. We won't be alone.

Isaiah 41:10 states, "Don't be afraid for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

2nd Timothy 4:7 states, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful."

Will you finish the race and remain faithful?

Stop trying to finish by yourself. God wants to help you finish. He wants to hold up your right hand in victory. This will be my last post for a few weeks. I'll be out of town. Thank you for your continued support!


2 comments:

  1. I thank God daily that He has claimed you as His disciple! With Him as your coach, you will finish the race. Grandma JS

    ReplyDelete