Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Failure

Failure is a word nobody likes to be associated with. I've definitely had my fair share of failures. I've failed in so many different things I have lost count. I have failed in school, on the football field, in relationships, as a son, a brother, a friend, as a Christian, etc.

A great example of one of my failure's happened in 7th grade. I got the bright idea to text the three most popular girls in my class. I said "hey cutie" to the first, "hey gorgeous" to the second, and finally ended with "hey beautiful" to the third (all classics for a 7th grade boy.) About ten minutes later they all texted me back. I found out all three of these girls were at the same house having a sleepover. This ended any of my dreams of possibly marrying one of those three girls. Never have I felt so humiliated and embarrassed.

Failure happens to everyone one of us. We all go through failure numerous times in our live's. It's something that we can't avoid. Failure is all around us, and to be honest we're all failures. 

Romans 3:23 states, "for all have sinned and all fall short of the glory of God." The only person that never failed is Jesus. Let that sink in for a while. HE NEVER FAILED. He was tempted and faced many of the same problems we face today. Even some Bible greats were failures. Moses had a speech impediment, David was unfaithful, and Peter and Elijah were cowards. 

What if I told you "failure makes you stronger." What if I told you "temporary failure doesn't mean permanent failure." Don't let past failures stop you from chasing after future dreams. Just because you failed once doesn't mean you'll fail again. Failure can be a great teacher. Failure teaches us what we did wrong and what we need to work on. Failure is all about learning. If you learn from your failure it's not failing. 

I love what Michael Jordan once said, "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying." Failing is normal. Michael Jordan didn't even make his high school basketball team. Edison failed over 1,000 times trying to perfect the light bulb. Failure is often an obstacle on the road to success. 

It's time to embrace failure. You're a product of your failures, you don't have to be a prisoner to it.  Don't let the fear of failure prevent you from taking any shots. Look up, get up, and don't ever give up. 

I personally want to thank everyone who takes time out of their schedules to read my posts. It means so much to me, and I can't thank you enough. I am already approaching 550+ page views total! This blog is bigger than me. I'll be out of town till Sunday, so I won't be posting until I get back. God bless. 





  


No comments:

Post a Comment